Jess and I got together today and excitedly planned our next adventure. If our trip to Prague was any indication we know we are in for a good time. It is wonderful having friends that are also such good travel buddies.
So with the help of endless websites and guide books, we start to plan our 5 day trip to Dubrovnik, Croatia.
We decided to plan for three days to ensure we will see out must do/see things. It’s going to be great.
Day A: Mount Srd and Old Town Tour
Viator offers a 3 hour combination tour which includes a cable car ride to the summit of Mount Srd and a guided walking tour of Old Town which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This should be a great way to see and learn about this wonderful city. We are looking forward to seeing:
- Fort Imperial
- Old port of Dubrovnik
- Fort of St. John
- Rector’s Palace where the highest level of city government met,
- Sponza Palace built in the early 1500s it survived the 1667 earthquake and houses state archives
- Church of St. Blaise, Dominican Monastery (founded in 1315),
- Franciscan Monastery
- Big Fountain of Onofrio (built 1438-1444)
- Stradun (Placa) constructed in the 12th century
- Square of the Loggia: Orlando’s column, Clock tower from the 15th century, Loggia of the Bell, Main Guard House and the Small Fountain of Onofrio from 1438
- Sponza Palace
- Jewish Quarter
Day B: Game of Thrones tour & Lokrum Island
I have to admit, I have not even watched an episode of Game of Thrones, so Jess is in charge of finding the best GOT tour for us. I am sure, not only will we learn about the show but see some more the city and its’ surroundings.
There are numerous islands, Lokrum caught out attention. It has gardens, wild peacocks, and a “mini dead sea.”
Day C: City Walls
Our plan is to take our time to enjoy the history and view while walking along the walls which were built in the 10th century.
We are looking forward to seeing:
- Pile Gate
- Minceta Tower
- Ploce Gate
After our walk, a visit to Skar Winery might be necessary.
Well we have three days planned and lots of room for finding other adventures while we are there. See you soon Dubrovnik!